Strategies to ensure that every student is involved in Sports at Nalapad Academy and each student is learning life skills through Sports.
If you have ever struggled with staying focused, managing nerves, or staying on track with your goals, participating in sports will help you with overcoming these challenges. School is a place where learning happens in multiple ways. At Nalapad Academy, there is a good balance between academics and sports.
Soccer sessions to facilitate team building :
A tough sport is a foundation to a tough body and when the body is tough, the mind gets stronger. Soccer is an integral part of Nalapad Academy, and the students look forward to it every week. We have a world class rooftop football turf to enable our little sports stars to play to the best of their abilities.
Immunity and body strength building with swimming sessions:
At Nalapad Academy, swimming is also an integral part of the co-curricular activities. Swimming gives a full body workout and improves students’ immunity and strength. With a temperature-controlled swimming pool and renowned coaches, children have the best opportunity to learn swimming and diving, in a safe environment.
Including traditional games as part of special occasions:
It is important for us to embrace the traditional games of our country. As part of the 76th Independence day celebrations at Nalapad Academy, parents and kids joined together to celebrate and played some traditional sports such as lagori or pittu, hopscotch and kho kho making it a fun-filled day.
Sports are symbolic to life. Life requires teamwork, discipline, respect, compassion and character. Sports can develop these skills both on the playing field and in their life. Some of these skills include:
- Self discipline : Self discipline spills over into every aspect of life and is a highly common trait among successful people. The earlier the students understand and imbibe this quality, the better their future prospects will be.
- Mental Toughness : Sports can teach a person to be strong both in body and mind. Athletes learn to push their bodies beyond what they believed they could in order to achieve their goal. This will also translate to all aspects of life.
- Team building : Everyone comes from different places and cultures and has skill sets to contribute to a team. A collective effort of multiple skill sets from different people yields the best results.
- Handling fear and failures : Whether it be failing an exam, making an error or losing a game; failures happen in sports as well as in life. Not everyone gets to win at once, is the best lesson one gets to learn in their life from sports. After all, failures are the stepping stones to success.
- Dedication : Everyone comes across situations where they want to give up, but dedication to improve and to become the best you can be is what keeps an athlete going.
- Patience : Winning takes time, champions are not built overnight.
We realise the importance of the skills that sports give to our students. This is why at Nalapad Academy, we introduce sports to ensure that our students become well-rounded individuals.
How does Nalapad Academy enable students to become ‘self-reliant’?