As parents, we will find that choosing from the top international schools in Bangalore for our child is perhaps the biggest parenting decision. The list of Bangalore international schools is growing over the years. Let us try to assess the most critical factors that can assist in making this crucial decision:
Curriculum of the Best IGCSE schools in Bangalore
- The establishment and practice of a strong core academic program in the school including subjects like Mathematics, Science, Arts and Foreign languages
- Courses offered by the school apart from the core subjects
- Evidence demonstrating that school effectively teaches the students to learn
- The presence of a special theme or focus for the curriculum in the school
- The presence of co-curricular activities supporting academic instruction
Approach to learning
- The unique teaching and learning approach at the school – frequent testing of acquired skills, individual performance group projects, etc
- The focused efforts put forth by the school to ensure learning by each child and provision for additional assistance to children when needed
- The policy for homework and if it is on par with our expectations for the volume of homework for the child
- The size of the classes
Academic performance of the top international schools in Bangalore
- The test scores of the school in comparison with other schools including Cambridge schools in Bangalore and if the scores have declined or increased in the last few years
- The elucidation of the school for the decline or rise and the performance of the children on these tests who are of similar age group to the child being considered for admission
- The performance of the students as they progress to the next level of schooling
- The special accomplishments or recognition received by the school
- The measures implemented by the school for helping the students to develop character and citizenship
- The disciplinary policy of the school and its manner of addressing student behavioural challenges.
- The fairness of the teachers’ response to students and the presence of support and programs for addressing and preventing behavioral issues
- The safety measures taken by the school for ensuring security
- The school policy for absenteeism and measures for encouraging regular attendance
- The level of safety at the school
- The preventive and corrective policy and measures for handling issues like substance usage and addiction.
- The precautionary measures for preventing and handling violence, harassment, bullying and other kinds of abusive behavior
- The relationship of the school with local police
- The initiatives of the school to ensure that parent and all administrators at school are aware of the emergency plan
- The presence of drills
- The communication policy for notifying parents regarding emergency declarations to close the school.
- The co-curricular activities offered by the school after school hours or weekends
- The participation opportunities available to students for co-curricular activities
- The availability of interscholastic activities for students
- The accessibility of intramural activities for students
- The activities that receive the most resources and attention of the school
- The presence of student and school publications
- The provision for field trips at the school
Facilities and services
- The presence of full-fledged library for students to study, carry out research and the availability of multi-lingual reading materials
- The computers and internet access to students in the classroom and library
- The supervision of internet usage by the students
- The presence of auditorium and large halls for school assemblies and events
- The regular availability of on-duty school Nurse
- The access to the cafeteria and nutritious well-balanced food and snacks
- The provision for pre and post-school care
- The availability of tutoring programs and Counseling services for students
Nalapad Academy – transforming today’s Learners into tomorrow’s Leaders
At Nalapad Academy we pay attention to the individuality of each child through constructing their knowledge and enhancing their skills. This is achieved through learning and teaching methods of Bloom’s Taxonomy and Multiple Intelligence. Our focus is to inculcate a sense of wonder and encouraging their innate curiosity through discovery erudition.
The special design of our curriculum includes 7 learning domains, 26 subsets, and 112 learning objectives. We thus equip our students for the future and hence emerged amongst the top international schools in Bangalore.
The structure of classrooms at Nalapad Academy is devised for facilitating innovative methods for instruction and learning. It includes learning based on projects, interactive and thematic learning approach that focuses on core learning domains.
We follow the International Cambridge and IGCSE Curriculum. Students are encouraged for completing their coursework in school through a system of a flipped classroom. They are also made to review the forthcoming lessons through video, audio, and written exercises.