With educational institutions establishing a qualitative bedrock for children to branch out of, it is evident that today’s children are sure to grow into an increasingly competent world. While high school and college have been considered to be turning points within the academic spectrum since the conception of educational institutions, early childhood education was not given as much academic priority until very recently.
With public discourses recognising the significance of the lessons that are learned at primary school as they become the cement and brick upon which lessons in high school are understood; ensuring that children receive strong early childhood education has been a concern that is now being taken rather seriously both by educators and parents alike.
The shift in perspective and concerns, sees a direct translation in the trends that emerge from the leaping growth that educational institutions and educators have been taking towards providing children today with a robust foundation. Children under the age of eight as they comprise the group that early childhood education approaches, are naturally prepared to learn their basic emotional and social lesson alongside any academic information that they may be ready to learn.
At Nalapad Academy, we are aware that today’s children make the futures tomorrow. By ensuring that our early educational approaches mentor our toddlers to meet a global level of expectations, we hope to aid in paving their paths with the emerging trends that surround early childhood education.
Emerging Educational Ideals for Early Childhood
- Keener Assessments of Young Children – Schools today, assess young children with as much interest as they do for high school students. This allows educators and parents to keep a record of a given child’s growth patterns.
We maintain an anecdotal book and document each child’s progress with evidence regularly. Even the smallest change and any discomfort in the behaviour is reported to the parents.
- Steady Growth in the Primary Educational Sector – With increased awareness, children today are sent to schools by parents who seek to give them the best foundation they can. The influx has seen a steady growth in the employment of good teachers and faculty members in the primary educational sector.
We at Nalapad Nest- our pre-primary section, as experienced early childhood educators, nurture the child by understanding their needs and exposing them to a wider world through books, stories, songs and role plays which strengthen their language and communication skills.
- Integration of Technology – While spoiling children with gadgets continues to raise eyebrows, technology may be inescapable in the lives of our children today. As a result, schools make an effort at educating children via technological advances that lead to responsible usage alongside facilitating tremendous exposures in their classrooms.
In our school, we use technology to teach the formation of letters, numbers, matching, drawing, storytelling and songs. We encourage children to work together and improve their social skills by taking turns when sharing ideas.
- Focus on Physical Fitness, Creativity, and Non-Academic Teaching Increased – Schools aim today, to impart holistic education to their children. Educators are encouraged to focus on the various non-academic aspects of their children’s lives all while teaching them their subjects.
Keeping in mind that physical development plays an important role to adapt a healthy lifestyle, develop motor skills and also attain personal and social skills, we encourage children to take active part in dance, yoga, soccer, swimming. At Nalapad Nest, creative art provides an outlet for our youngest children to express, explore and gain control over their emotions through listening to music, exploring with colours, play dough, role play, and hands-on activities.
We also assess their mood and emotion through their choice of song, colour of paint and we give them one on one attention to understand their discomfort and resolve them.
- Perpetual Calls for Novel Approaches and New Investments – Keeping up to date with the ever changing, Nalapad Academy and Nalapad Nest are consistently working towards employing novel and niche approaches to teach and newer investments promise more for children.